Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Opportunity Layout is not in the Design drop down options

Custom Opportunity Layout is not in the Design drop down options

I successfully created a new Opportunity Layout that I created a new name for.  I can see it when I open it up in the edit mode.  However it does not show up in my Select layout drop down list.  How do I pick it?  I can see it in my layout folder.

Re: Custom Opportunity Layout is not in the Design drop down options

Hi hammerceo,

This maybe part of a defect we presently have with the Layout Drop-down list. Could i please confirm the version of Act you have as the defect has changed from 19.1 to 19.2. The layout should be displayed however it maybe call "Basic Contact/Opportunity Layout" regardless of what you have named it.

If you are on neither of these versions could you test to see if this happen's in other areas of Act Groups/Companies?

I have version 19.2 and I believe you are right, in that my custom Layout is showing up as Basic since I can see 4 layouts that have the exact same name.  

Will this be fixed soon so I can tell which one is the correct one?

[ Edited ]

If you select the different layout you should see the changes that you had made to one of them.

For your reference here is the defect number: D-07059

We had a slightly different issue with the layout drop-down list in 19.0 and was resolved in 19.2 however this cause the new issue to appear which you experience now.

I presently would be unable to provide a date for the update that would resolve this issue.

Administrator

Hi hammerceo,

You may be able to work around the issue by removing any hyphens or other special characters from the layout name. This should then allow the layout name to display correctly in the dropdown menu when selecting a layout.

That does not work and I am completely unable to figure out which on is my custom template.  Very frustrating.

Does the Layout pull from the Layout folder under the actual database folder?

[ Edited ]

As long as the layout is within your DBNAME-Database files\Layouts folder and will be a .oly file. 

Out of curiosity what is the name of the layout within the layouts folder?

I have tried a few things.

I tired 101616 Basic Opportunity Layout; I tired to Basic opportunity layout1; I tried NEW LAYOUT

I noticed when I go to Edit the Layout it brings up the "new name" but the drop down doesn't match that layout 

FYI as an update to this post, when I logged in today my custom file that I changed the name of 2 weeks ago is visible.  I am not sure why but I did take all the periods out of the title a few weeks ago when suggested and that is the one that shows up now.

That is quite odd if it has suddenly appeared with the intended name, special characters maybe the cause of the issue.

Just to be certain no updates have been installed in the last 2 weeks.