Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Label Requirement

Custom Label Requirement

Hi,

I need to create an output of a label that pulls information from the 'contact' fields, the 'opportunity' fields and somehow the product/services fields but I cannot even see how to look at product/services in a design view?

I'm hoping that this is possible and someone can tell me how.

Also is there anywhere you can edit the tabbed areas (contacts, groups/companies, notes, activities, etc).

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Label Requirement

As a label, that can't be done and as a custom report, it can't be done through the report editor. Depending on the label size and the fields required, it might be possible with a very customized report that would include editing the report XML code directly. I created similar reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Custom Label Requirement - From Opportunities

I also need to create a label from information in the Opportunities fields.  According to this 2009 question, that is not possible.  Is that still the case?

If so, does anyone have a recommendation for getting this done?  When we get a new opportunity we set up a physical file folder for it that contains all the paperwork needed to quote the opportunity (drawings, spec sheets, etc). 

I'm new to ACT and am slightly dumbfounded that such a little thing as creating labels is turning into such a big thing.

Tina

Skilled Commentator

I'm not 100% sure, but I think labels are still only able to pull information from the contact record. 

My company also creates physical folders for new opportunities, and we run a custom opportunity report which we then print and staple to that folder. Our opportunity report can pull whatever information we want from both the contact and opportunity records for a specific contact.  Not sure if that's helpful... just a suggestion.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There hasn't been any change to the ACT! reports so as delivered you can't use fileds from the opportunity table in the label templates. It is possible to hack the label template so that it will allow inclusion of field from the opportunity table, I've done it. Now for the bad news as with any opportunity based report, the only filters are for the opportunity table and you can't specify a lookup to print.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129