Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Fields

Copper Contributor

Custom Fields

In the #10 envelope file I see "Custom" lables/fields.  Can they be copied or edited to see what is in them.  I'm trying to create a larger envelope with similar fields from the #10 one and having a devil of a time recreating them.  A #10 envelope is 4.25"x9.50" and the one I want to duplicate would simply be 6.50"x9.50".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frank Zanatta

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Fields

Those custom fields are used to concatinate other database fields using Visual Basic script programming. In most cases the scripts reference database fields that are hidden but present in the envlope. the script can be copied but that's not the whole story. The hidden fields can't be copied but must be setup in the new emvelope.

A best practices tip, when doing a custom envelope use the 8 1/2 X 11 page size and then use the margins to establish the actual envelope size.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.  The report chapters work for all version of the ACT! program since ACT! 2007.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129