Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Envelope Templates

Custom Envelope Templates

I am currently using ACT! Premium for Workgroups 9.0 (EX Edition). I am attempting to create an envelope template. My test envelope has a City field long enough to accommodate the longest city currently in our database. However, when testing an envelope for a city that is shorter in length, the State and Zip are too far to the right. We would like the City field to adjust automatically to the different lengths of the City names with the State and Zip sliding to the left for shorter City names.

In test printing the #10 envelope that came with the software, I noticed that this problem does not occur. In addition, there is a comma after the city. How do I make this happen in a custom envelope?

As an example, our test envelope looks like this:

Name

Address

City                        State   Zip

We would like it to look like this:

Name

Address

City, State Zip

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Custom Envelope Templates

Hello,

It'll be easier to just edit one of the default envelopes to your liking.  Otherwise, you'll have to use the following knowledgebase article.

How To Remove Blank Space from Fields on ACT! Labels, Envelopes and Reports

Copper Contributor

Re: Custom Envelope Templates

[ Edited ]

David, this wouldn't be a problem if the editor wasn't a piece of junk.  When will Sage make the editor user friendly like the pre-Sage days?

Edit:  Additionally, Why can't I change the dimensions of the paper when I go in to edit it?   

Message Edited by Cerb on 12-17-2009 03:13 PM