Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Contact Layouts in v18 Pro

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Custom Contact Layouts in v18 Pro

[ Edited ]

Kind of a rookie with Act and just upgraded to v18.  I will be working with multiple databases (separate database for each state).  I've create a custom layout for the first database and saved the layout.  Now I want to be able to copy or use that same custom layout on the other databases that I create.  I'm sure there is a way but haven't found it in the documentation.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kirby50325
‎03-26-2016 08:45 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Contact Layouts in v18 Pro

Because the layout depends on fields in the database, you'd need to have the database created with the fields in the same order (or by Saving as a copy) for that to be able to work

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kirby50325
‎03-26-2016 08:45 PM

Because the layout depends on fields in the database, you'd need to have the database created with the fields in the same order (or by Saving as a copy) for that to be able to work

I think that worked.  I did a "save as" on the database which had the custom layout and had it save as an empty database.  Is that what you meant?

Thanks Mike! That was the answer I was looking for and it worked perfectly.

Why do you want a separate database for each state rather than a single database split into groups, which would be more manageable?