Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Command to look up a specific company.

Copper Elite Contributor

Custom Command to look up a specific company.

There is one company record that I refer to a lot. To save time I would like to create a Custom Command so I can bring up this record with a hot key (unless there is another quick way to look up the company). I have already allocated a hot key to bring up the Look Up Company window which saves a bit of time, but I would like to allocate a hot key to one specific company.

Any ideas?  Thanks,

Graham.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Command to look up a specific company.

You could create a query for the company name and save the query. Then under Tools | Customise | Menus and Toolbars... proceed to create the command to run the query. In the Keyboards tab in that same area, allocate a combination of keys. However when you run the query you will need to go OK to the save query option window. So two steps unfortunately.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Graeme,

This has potential. However I'm having a problem creating the command. For the Command I browsed and put in the address of the query - but apparently that doesn't actually open the query. I don't know much about code for commands.

Meantime, HotKey/type 3-4 letters of coy name/Enter is working reasonably quickly. Often the Coy name is still there from last time, so can go straight to Enter.

Thanks for the idea, good to see another Kiwi on the board.

Cheers, 

Graham. 

thinkingsafer.com

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT! stores saved queries in the supplementary folder, Queries. A saved query has a .qry extension. You just need to browse to the Queries folder to find the saved query and this becomes the command line. Make sure when you are browsing you are looking for all file types , not just .exe which is the default. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog