Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Activity Types

cbb

Custom Activity Types

I have created several custom activity types in the past.  I have decided to discontinue using one or two of them and would like to delete them.  I have made them inactive, however they still show up in various drop downs etc.  I am unable to delete the custom activity type due to an error message stating that the activity type is currently in use.  I have done a history and activity search and have deleted the corresponding custom activity.  Still for some reason I get the same error message and am unable to delete.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Activity Types

This may be related to how you created the custom activities. When you created the custom activities, did you edit the results to make them unique or leave them as Completed or Not Completed? 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
cbb

Hi Roy,

Thank you for the response.  I left them as "completed" or "not completed".  In addition I have deleted all prior and future activities and histories of this custom activity.  I just can't seem to get it to go away.

Thanks again!

C

Platinum Elite Contributor

And you won't. All completed custom activities or new history entries have the same history type. Basically you have no history tracking of your custom activities. You need to edit the custom activities so that the results read <custom activity> Completed or <custom activity> Not Completed. By the way when you edit the custom activities make sure that you check change onlt future entries.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129