Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Activity Results not showing up

Custom Activity Results not showing up

I created 2 custom activity types with custom results, but I do not see all the results I created (we see some of them), nor do my colleagues.

We have sync'd and restarted ACT multiple times.

Any thoughts?

Running:  ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 3

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Custom Activity Results not showing up

Unfortunately, this is a known issue.  The only solution I have found is to recut the remote databases.  Here is the knowledge base article for your convenience. http://tinyurl.com/48n7vkb  Hope that helps, Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Kirchner51474,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Since creating the new types > have you created an activity with those types?  If not, create a test activity for each of the new types and then sync.  If that does not get the new type to populate in the remote, then creating new remotes wll be the next step.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

In other words, the process for creating custom activities in a sync environment is that after they are all set up, on the host you need to create a bogus history for each combination of custom activity and custom result (i.e. - if you have 2 acitivties with 3 custom results each, you would create a total of 6 histories) and then have your users sync.

Apparently the creation of new acitivites and/or custom results by itself does not flag the ACT! sync engine to "see" that there are some new records there that should sync.  By creating histories that use each new type and result, you are "forcing" the data to sync since it is being used in a history...