Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Activities can't be searched? Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Tuned Listener

Custom Activities can't be searched? Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Has Certified Consultant do a few things which included moving our database from one computer to another.  Ask that when they transfer the data to only bring the histories over from 1-1-10.  We have custom activities.  In the original ACT program we could run reports based on those custom activities as well.  When they did the transfer they did not create the custom activities so they all transferred as TO DO's or Others.  So then they added the custom activities BUT they chose the option to change Future occurences not All occurences.  They quickly realized this was not correct - could not edit the custom activities back to all occurences or delete them so these were made Inactive and new custom activities were created with variations of the words.  So at this point it appeared to be correct.  You can select the custom activity schedule, clear it etc.  It shows in the client histories with the correct result BUT - when you run the report by type of activity and choose one of the new custom activities the reports show no activities.  The default activities all run correctly.  In trying to figure out the situation instead of running reports for a specific period of time of the activities I queried ALL activities.  The custom activities will still not report BUT the histories prior to 1-1-10 are appearing in the report.  I need to make the custom activities searchable by type somehow.  I am worried now that something happened in the transfer of the data could cause this??  The custom activities names are different due to the first error they made?  Anyone with any input, suggestions, comments is more than welcome to tell me what you think.  I appreciate in advance anyone who takes their time to respond.  Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Custom Activities can't be searched? Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

I've read your message a couple of time and I have to say it doesn't leave me with a good feeling. Without examining your present database and any backup files, especially any that were made prior to the database move, it's hard to say want can be done.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Re: Custom Activities can't be searched? Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks Roy, I was hoping that someone anyone had a suggestion.  I think it has been whipped pretty good.

Needless to say it is very frustrating and I have put hours upon hours of work into it based on the info we were given to just correct, delete and update info that was missing or duplicated etc.

I am almost ready to start completely over from scratch which I really don't want to do.

Thanks again for reading and responding to my post.

Penelope