Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom ACT module required to allow mail merge into smart task email

Custom ACT module required to allow mail merge into smart task email

Hi,
I require a module built that will allow the use of email templates in smart tasks. That is, will pull fields from ACT and put in emails to clients as a smart task step.

Sales automation manager (SAM) will do this but it won't allow for a final edit before send. Ie, I need to be ale to do a quick edit to the email as required for that particular client before I press the send button. SAM is great and does the mail merge but you don't get that option for the email to pop up in outlook to edit before pressing send.

I actually had a module built by an Australian company, but it only half works. Heaps of issues and 10 months later I still do not have a fully functioning module. I believe this is largely due to their inexperience with smart task and it seems they have given up as are no longer replyng to requests etc. I think put in too hard basket. But some of the work is already done now so need someone to finish off if possible.

They have the right idea, and when it works its great, but constant issues and after 10 months I need to move on.

I don't mind if we do a custom module for SAM or for Smart tasks - main requirements are:
1) able to use templates for emails in smart tasks that pulls info from contact record,
2) these emails must be able to be sent automatically or open up in outlook once I click the preview button in pending smart tasks
(Above 2 have been done)
3) the smart task step to send email must remain in the pending smart task dialog until actioned (at the moment if I close the pending smart task step dialog and reopen it, any of the custom email steps disappear- ie don't remain in memory or whatever)
4) ability to schedule activities for other uses. Can do this now such as can schedule activity for my PA. issue is once she clears activity on her act and syncs to main database, the smart task does not continue. (Maybe too much to ask but this would be my wish list) - testing now the next step in the smart task series does not run, the system doesn't seem to pick up that she has cleared the activity.
5) perfect world, a better way to organise the smart tasks series. Ie, at the moment I have about 30 and this will grow. Some manual run, some auto run. When going to manual run I have to scroll through all these smart tasks to find the right one - again wish list item, may be too much,
6) in following n from above, smart tasks for various users. Ie, I have 4 staff. Issue is that I need to create smart tasks for each user with custom emails etc. ideally, need a way that can have smart tasks per user or just a better way to organise the, as in point 5 so we can see the smart tasks for Justin, Julie and Natalie easily sorted. At the moment if I have a smart task series called new lead, I would need to create this smart task series for all users with their own template. So for that one smart task I now have to have 4. Currently 30 smart task series, so x 4 and that is a lot to scroll through to find the right one I want to run.

That is a summary of what I am after. I think some of the work might already done or you might have to start again. But I need to find someone who thinks they can build this for me.

Any recommendations? Anyone interest? I know from the forums that if we built this there would be interest from others as well as I've seen many complaints about the inability to mail merge in email smart tasks. Cheers

Re: Custom ACT module required to allow mail merge into smart task email

When I say 1 and 2 have been done, well the don't fully work. They work sometimes but have random errors, so even if I had 1 and 2 I would be very happy. The rest may be too hard but I need help getting at least 1 and 2 working.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Do you have access to the source code for the one you had built? might save some time for someone to look and see if any can be salvaged

Hi mike
Thanks. I have only what I was given to put in the act plugin folder.

I'm presuming that is not what you are wanting right?

Just for the record, it's not a requirement that we use that module and the work already done. Obviously that wold be ideal if possible but ultimately I just need a module that works.