Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Currently running Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4 (will i need to upgrade before jan 1 ?)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Currently running Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4 (will i need to upgrade before jan 1 ?)

I heard about the 3rd party software being eliminated.  is there and update I need to download?  Ive been using act since 2000 and bought the upgrade in 2013. 

thank you

greg

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Currently running Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4 (will i need to upgrade before jan 1 ?)

Hello,

To explain, we currently use a third party product for registration. That product is being discontinued by the manufacturer so we are switching to an in house system. A patch will be sent out to all supported versions of Act! to switch them over to avoid interruption of service.

If you are on an unsupported version (version 17 and earlier) then you will not receive this patch as your version is retired and no longer eligible for critical updates which is stated in our obsolescence policy. Since you are on one of these unsupported versions, you will not receive the update and can, and most likely will, have interruption of service in the future.

39193 Licensing Software Update: Versions v17 and earlier

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39193

Thank you,

Carl

Carl Mag

Act! Support

Customer Success & Support Team

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Currently running Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4 (will i need to upgrade before jan 1 ?)

So what you’re telling me is when I spent $400 for act 2000 and then another $200 from my current act which is 600 now you guys decide to throw the kill switch on your customers which is pretty crappy in my book as far as greed goes at least offering a patch to keep our database running I have over 6000 contracts of mine I am not going to pay again to keep your software running which will probably asked for more money in the future
If nothing is done and this happens to me there would be quite a bit of social posting about your company and the way it treats its customers !
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Any updates ?