Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Crystal report is so slow

Crystal report is so slow

I develop reports by Crystal reports to read from ACT! 2008 databaseand I design web portal to veiw this reports by asp.net 2.0

I have 3 databases one of these databases doesn't retrive any data, the report try to retrive within one hour and then it stops by time out error.

Can any on help me.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Crystal report is so slow

Are you using the ACTReader utility or OLEDB to read the ACT! database?

You might have a look at http://www.crystalclearreports.com/

Not only do they have a much eacier to use interface for Crystal, but they provide a number of pre-build reports that you can modify

Or, if you are coding on .Net, you might use the ACT! SDK and directly read the ACT! data. To obtain the SDK, go to http://www.act.com/partners/addonpartners/eula/
Copper Contributor

enjyshahin wrote:
I develop reports by Crystal reports to read from ACT! 2008 databaseand I design web portal to veiw this reports by asp.net 2.0
I have 3 databases one of these databases doesn't retrive any data, the report try to retrive within one hour and then it stops by time out error.
Can any on help me.

I would be interested in some pointers as to how you have got the connection between CR and ACt 2008. I have been trying to no avail. I read the stuff about getting it to connect to Excell and can do that, but when I try the same with CR, the first time it is asking for the data source, it is just a field, with no browse button. Any pointers would be helpfull.

For Crystal connection to ACT! 2008, from crystal there is a provider for act to connect with.

For my problem, i import the data to sql server to test only not more but it also take time to retrieve data i don't know why?
Is it normal for 2500 record to be retrieved in 45 min
Copper Contributor

enjyshahin wrote:
For Crystal connection to ACT! 2008, from crystal there is a provider for act to connect with.
For my problem, i import the data to sql server to test only not more but it also take time to retrieve data i don't know why?
Is it normal for 2500 record to be retrieved in 45 min

The Act one is looking for DBF files so I assume it is for older versions of act. How did you connect it to act? Any place you can point me?
Copper Contributor

Its ok. I managed to get it to work. Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

Gordonrobb,

How did you get ACT! 2008 to interface with Crystal Reports? I have been trying to do this as well.

Thanks!