03-21-2009 10:08 AM
03-21-2009 04:21 PM
I did select OLE DB ... i just don't know what to do next.
i'm in Crystal Reports and creating a blank report.
i select OLE DB (ADO)
then i need to select the Provider
and this is where i don't know what to do.
as noted, i've never done this before
at this point, if you could help ...
if you could write me through the necessary steps would be more productive then what's transpired thus far
03-22-2009 10:23 AM
03-22-2009 02:45 PM
the article shows the ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting 7 (or 8 as an option).
mine just shows ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting
but it seems to connect!
ACT! 2008 v10.0.3
Crystal Reports v10
08-26-2009 07:00 PM
I can find the provider listed in Crystal Reports but what does one use for the Datasource?
I'm using ACT! 10 and Crystal Reports 2008.
Detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated.
08-27-2009 05:08 AM - edited 08-27-2009 05:11 AM
Step by step to access an Act! 10 DB using Crystal 2008:
1. Expand OLE DB (ADO) in the Datebase Expert
2. Double Click Make New Connection
3. Select ACT! OLE DB Provider for Reporting from the Provider list, click Next
4. Enter the link to your DB file (ex: \\server\folder\db_file.pad) in the Data Source field
5. Enter your user name in the User ID field
6. Enter your password in the Password field, click Next
7. Click Finish
8. Expand nodes (ex: connection-->db_name-->dbo)
9. From here you should be able to utilize the listed fields
Hope this helps.
08-27-2009 05:26 AM
That worked great, right up until I opened dbo and found only one table therein: VRP_MYRECORD.
Crystal read the fields correctly, on the good side.
Can you suggest what might be wrong?
Thanks for your interest and rapid response.
08-27-2009 05:38 AM - edited 08-27-2009 05:41 AM
Are you logged into the DB as admin?
Sounds like this could be a rights issue(?) (ie. to the server, or to the DB, etc.)