01-28-2009 11:50 AM
I am using ACT! 2008 (v10.0) and am wanting to report on data using Crystal Reports.
Here is what I know:
1. I can purchase the ACT! Reader Utility to help ACT! communicate with Crystal.
2. I can purchase the Crystal Clear solution
3. I can utilize the SDK to extract data from the ACT! DB tables and build reports from the extracted data
4. I have been able to set up an OLEDB to pull tables into Crystal Reports, but I cannot get at any of the actual data. I am getting a "String or binary data will be truncated" error.
Has anyone been successful in using ACT! 2008 with Crystal? How did you do it?
01-28-2009 10:34 PM
01-29-2009 10:05 AM
Roy, thanks for your response. How were you able to utilize Crystal XI with ACT! 2008 (10.0)?
As I stated above, I know I can
1. Purchase the ACT! Reader Utility to help ACT! communicate with Crystal.
2. Purchase the Crystal Clear solution
3. Utilize the SDK to extract data from the ACT! DB tables and build reports from the extracted data
Were you able to do this using a different method?
02-03-2009 10:41 AM
Roy, I am having trouble accessing the CONTACT table (when using Crystal Reports XI and ACT! 2008(10.0) ). I am able to utilize the other tables (Group and Company related), but when trying to use a CONTACT field in the report, I am getting a "String or binary data would be truncated" error.
03-20-2009 11:12 AM
i'm trying to connect in CRW v10 to access ACT! using the OLE DB
however when attempting to do this i receive an error
Deatils ADO error code: 0x8000ffff
Description: Catastrophic failure
Native Error: -2147418113
when setting up i use ACT as the Data source name
and enter my ACT! user name and password.
what am i doing wrong?
03-20-2009 04:09 PM