Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Criteria have disappeared from my groups, and I cannot set up subgroup

Criteria have disappeared from my groups, and I cannot set up subgroup

Sage ACT! Pro 2012.  My groups appear to select the proper contacts, however, when I go under add/Remove it says that there is no criteria.  Criteria was set up.

Cannot add subgroup.  When "save" , there is nothing in Hierarchy and the message says that the value cannot be null, Parametername: criteria.

Re: Criteria have disappeared from my groups, and I cannot set up subgroup

Why has no one answered this?
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Mimigree,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Question 1 - criteria: When you click on Add/Remove Contacts, do you see the names of the contacts listed in the 'Static Members'section.  If yes, then the contacts were added manually to the Group - opposed to using Dynamic criteria.  Here is an article with further information about managing Contacts within Groups: KB Article 12864

Question 2 - error: This error is generally due to the fields selected in the Duplicate Checking function.  Here is an option for disabling Duplicate Checking: KB Article 24725

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for your response.  Question 2 and the solution ID24725 worked great.  I now have a new subgroup with criteria.

Question 1 is still unanswered because when I click on add/delete, no names show up in either the static or dynamic. The contacts in these groups are correct as listed.  The groups were created in another version of ACT - not sure which one as I have upgraded often.  Before I installed 2012, the contacts for a group always showed up in add/delete - static or dynamic.  Can this be resolved or do I need to go in and recreate criteria for these groups?

Platinum Super Contributor

If the contacts aren't showing in either the Static or Dynamic area, it sounds like the Group(s) may be damaged. I would try adding the criteria to the Group, and checking the members listed. It may require creating a new Group and adding the criteria.

For the sub groups, you can drag and drop them into other Groups, should you need to create new Groups.
Greg Martin
Sage