Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating new contacts as public went restricted to admins and record manager after saving-Act premium 2011

Tuned Listener

Creating new contacts as public went restricted to admins and record manager after saving-Act premium 2011

all users have "public" as creating new records options for contact , companies and groups but sometimes as users adding new contacts after filling required fields and click "save" the contact is set as restricted to record manager and admins group(in history there is a note that all users was deleted from acces list. Do anyone seen sth like that?  i do not see any pattern to that , as i login now( as others user arent working) on users that spoted that strange behaviour i cannot recreate that problems but client say that problem occurs for two weeks randomly. 

Silver Contributor

Re: Creating new contacts as public went restricted to admins and record manager after saving-Act premium 2011

Try hitting Save as soon as you create the record. Sometims adding a note or history or activity before saving can cause this. Also duplicating a record will default to public.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

Re: Creating new contacts as public went restricted to admins and record manager after saving-Act premium 2011

Ive spoted that that ocurs for newly created users, if i login on that user, chang creating records option to privat and save , then once again change that options to public that all is ok. but its strang and unnormal behaviour that for new user act act like this Smiley Happy