Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating individual call tasks across many contact

Creating individual call tasks across many contact

Well, I am back after having huge issues a few months ago when I created a mess in my act db by scheduling a call for a few hundred contacts in a lookup. It added the notes to each of the contacts and was a mess. I had to manually go into each task and clear out the "associate with" field then things work fine. Well I am pretty much caught up on my current tasks so I want to try again but not mess things up this time.

I have a group of records 333 to be exact that I would like to schedule for a phone call. I have done multiple queries to get the population to exactly what I need. I have created a group from the results. I want to simply add a call task to al the items. When I select all and select the call task everything looks great EXCEPT the associate with field contains all the companies and is grey. It is a wired grey, it allows me to add to it but I cannot delete from it.

Any idea or other approaches would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike

Re: Creating individual call tasks across many contact

Associated With is looking at all the linked companies to the contacts.  You can only remove these entries by either removing the contact or unlinking the contact from the company.

Re: Creating individual call tasks across many contact

I understand this is used as part of linking the contacts to a company and it works fine when I set up a task for one contact but when I do it for more than one it links the notes from clearing the task to contacts in other companies.  Does that make sense?

Lets say I have 10 contacts all are tied to their own company, are in central time zone (per user defined field populated manually based on criteria based group membership, the criteria is simply based on state rounding approximately). I have them displayed in a lookup. I select all 10 to setup a call for 1/5/09. All is good I setup the task but the associated with box will let me add info but not delete all 10 from the list. When I clear one task it updates all 10 companies.

Is there a better way to schedule bulk calls? Is there a better way to track time zone?