Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating history for writing letters is cumbersome. How can I fix?

Creating history for writing letters is cumbersome. How can I fix?

Hi--

I've used Act for decades now, and am fairly literate in how it works.  I also don't use it nearly to it's potential.

Having said that, I do write letters, and in the previous version when I printed the letter it would prompt me, save the doc and attach it to the contact that I wrote it to.  I've done mail merges, and the prompts were the same.

So now I get a new Windows 7 machine, upgrade to Office 2010 and get the latest Act Pro, only to find this feature is gone?

Now I write a letter, then manually save it (at least it gets saved into all the Act Letters folder) and then I have to manually attach it to the contact, and I have to manually look up the contact I was working with?  This has to be a user error of some sort...

Can someone help me out?  I have to go through like 5 steps to attach the doc, not what I wanted out of the newest version.

Thanks,

Doug

Tuned Listener

Re: Creating history for writing letters is cumbersome. How can I fix?

I know this is an old post, but maybe it will help someone.  We just ran into this issue, as well.  What we discovered is that it does still give the option to save and write to history if you use the "Quick Print" option that can be added to the "Quick Access Toolbar" at the top left of the most recent versions of MS Word.  I do not understand why choosing File/Print does not activate the setting, but that is what our users have discovered.

Hope that helps someone.

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com