Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating group of LinkedIn connections

Creating group of LinkedIn connections

Hi -

We're trying to identify who in our ACT 2011 database is also a LinkedIn connection and create an ACT Group consisting of these people.  Can anyone suggest a method for doing this that is less painful than manually doing a lookup of all 1550 connections LinkedIn connections?

We've also tried importing the entire ACT database as well as the LinkedIn export into Access and running queries on both tables but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do this.

Copper Contributor

Re: Creating group of LinkedIn connections

Hello, I would export your LinkedIn contacts (from the contacts menu) to Excel. Then from within Act, import the data and merge it with your existing database ensuring you merge the LinkedIn name to the LinkedIn field in Act (depending on your database you may need to create this first). Once imported create a group to check that the LinkedIn field 'contains data'. There are articles available if you need help with the import routine.

We don't have a LinkedIn field.  Does it do anything special or is it just a regular character field labeled "LinkedIn?"  (i.e. Would I create it like I would create any other field?)

Copper Contributor

Hello, yes that's right just set it up like a normal character field. Let me know how you get on!