Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating custom tab

Copper Contributor

Creating custom tab

I need to create a tab that is like the History or Notes tab, such that when I create items in the tab the date is recorded, and the items will be found when a Lookup by date is done.  Is this possible?

If not, then I guess I can use the Notes tab for my purpose, but I need to know if Act! puts anything into Notes automatically, like it does with History and Activities.  I do not want any other items in whatever tab I finally use, only the items that I add.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating custom tab

The only way to do that is to create a custom table, which is only possible via the SDK.

One add-on that can do this is itTables

Copper Contributor

OK thanks. 

I am thinking to just use the Notes tab.  Does Act add any items in there automatically, or will my items be the only entries in Notes?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Create a note and it goes in the Notes tab automatically.....:-)

How do do you want to generate the note? Do you mean only your notes rather than other users and if so do you require that other users do not have access?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

I am the only user. 

I am referring to the way Act! automatically puts email records in the History tab, and automatically puts events from the Calendar in the Activities tab.  I am asking if it puts anything automatically in the Notes tab.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I guess it comes down to what you mean by automatic. Could mean where is xxxx saved to?

If xxxx is a note, then on closing, it is saved to the Notes tab. It doesn't matter in what View in ACT! you create a note it will end up in the Notes tab

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

OK thanks Mike.
Bronze Super Contributor

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

David, I think Vincenzo wants to have a tab with only the info he wants in there... that is, not the info that gets automatically added to History by clearing an activity, sending an email, writing a letter, changing a field, etc.

So, the only choices are either a custom sub-table with one of the add-ons like itITables or, as it looks like he'll use, the Notes tab.

I'm not an ACC, so don't know if one of them might see his request as pointing to a better solution?