Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating an equipment list in ACT! tied to a company not a contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Creating an equipment list in ACT! tied to a company not a contact

My company maintains machinery for our customers.  Each customer has many different machines and we would like to find out how to create records (history, model and serial numbers) for each these machines tied to the company, much like a contact.  We cannot use a contact record for the equipment because we don't want the equipment showing up in contacts and we cannot assign the equipment to a contact because contacts can come and go from a company.  The alternative is to use a separate database, but this is not our first choice since we all work out of ACT! all day long.  Is there a way to create another layer of records assigned to a company to facilitate this?  There may be an add-on that does this but I have been unable to find one.  Any assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABallard
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating an equipment list in ACT! tied to a company not a contact

You did not specify the version of the ACT! program that you are using but if it is 10.0.2 or later, there are addons that aid in adding custom tables to the ACT! database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABallard
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You did not specify the version of the ACT! program that you are using but if it is 10.0.2 or later, there are addons that aid in adding custom tables to the ACT! database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'm using Version 9 and we are getting ready to upgrade.  I looked again and after reading through the many add-ons I have found that either Table-It or Topline Designer will accomplish what I want.  There are so many add-ons I must have missed them the first two passes through.

Thanks, AB

Bronze Super Contributor

We have developed an add-on to ACT! called The Durkin Toolkit which allows you to create new tables attached to Contacts, Companies and or Groups.

What can The Durkin Toolkit do for your business:

• Use it to organize, catalog and track incoming and outgoing inventory items
  • You could use it to integrate project management using your existing contact database. 
  • You could create you own tables to track any type of data such as tickets or service calls.

Here is a screen shot of an Equipment table with a child Service Call table and the data-entry forms all designed using The Durkin Toolkit for ACT!.

You can download the demo at: http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsDurkinToolkit.aspx 

Thanks

-- jim durkin

Durkin Computing

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ 

Equipment Table in ACT!

Thanks Jim, The ability to create service orders/tickets etc. is interesting as well.  I will check out your website and see if your toolkit will do what I want.  However, not today, I can hear the margaritas calling me.  Cheers, AB

Another option would be Tablemaker Pro, it's the one I'm most familiar with.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks again to everybody.  I guess I should have dug a little deeper into the add-ons.