Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a templete

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Creating a templete

I would like to create a letter and have the system pull each Contact into the  TO Field.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Please and thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author GIlbert Air
2 weeks ago
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Creating a templete

The letter  mail merge will create separate letters, each individualised, from a template using the fields in the database. you would need to do around 100 at a time so you keep within the resources of your computer.

The email merge will also send individual emails to each person and again you can customise a template for you message. I would suggest that these should also be done in batches of around 100 to keep ISPs happy and also your computers resources.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you clarify please - Create a letter or email as you mention the TO field.

ACT can do either using the mail merge option, try out the existing templates in the Write options.

Here is a knowledgebase article on creating and using templates.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13834/~/how-to-create-a-document-template-in-act%21

OK, That's helpful but what I am looking for it to do is pull each contact consecutively into a form letter. Doe that make sense. I have 2800 or so people in my database and I want to send all of them a letter for the holidays.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GIlbert Air
2 weeks ago
Bronze Elite Contributor

The letter  mail merge will create separate letters, each individualised, from a template using the fields in the database. you would need to do around 100 at a time so you keep within the resources of your computer.

The email merge will also send individual emails to each person and again you can customise a template for you message. I would suggest that these should also be done in batches of around 100 to keep ISPs happy and also your computers resources.