Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a report that shows contacts added within a certain date range?

Tuned Listener

Creating a report that shows contacts added within a certain date range?

I would like to run a weekly report that shows the new contacts added within that week, I think it might have something to do with the Create Date tag, anyone have any ideas?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating a report that shows contacts added within a certain date range?

You can do that with many of the existing reports. Simply do an advanced query for a date range on the create date field and then run the report for the current lookup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

An alternative would be to add the Create Date to the contact list view and sort on the Create Date so that the most recently created contacts are at the top. You can then highlight the ones created for any given time range, right mouse click and select - Print Contact List.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the tip but I still cannot get this to work.  I have created the Create Date field in the Contact List and then sorted it by this field.  When the results appear however they are not in date order.  I am also having trouble creating an Advanced Query.

Any ideas?

Nickel Contributor

The Create Date is an ACT system field - you do not need to create it. It is updated when the contact is created.

What are you trying to do by Advanced Query? 

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Tuned Listener

Hi, thanks for responding. I have tried to do this report a couple of ways:

Lookup - By Example. I have clicked on the Status tab and then clicked in the Create Date field.  I entered the details >01/06/2009 and this did work and then I entered 20/07/2009.  Again nothing appeared.

An ACT consultant told me to try the following: Do an advanced query for a date range on the create date field and then run the report for the current lookup.

This is the advanced query I was trying to set up but with no luck.

All I want is a report that shows which contacts were added within for e.g. the last week.  I am trying to start producing a weekly report to show new contacts.

Many thanks.

Nickel Contributor

The easiest way to do this is in Contact List view. Add the Create Date to this view. View - Customise Columns. Then add the Create Date field into the list of fields on the right. Select it and then move it to the top of your list.

This will now show the Create Date as the first column on the Contact List view. Click on the top of the coloumn to sort in date order. 

Highlight the contacts created in the last week (Tag Mode) and right mouse click - Print Contact List. 

Contact me directly if you want additional help. 

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

What report are you using? Many of the standard reports have a built in sort that overrides anything you try to do with a query and running the report for the current lookup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

After speaking with Trevor from ACT I have tried the following: 

On the Contact List view I have added the ‘Create date’ field across the top and put it so it is the first field on the left.

However when I click on the Create Date field to sort nothing happens.  When you right click on this field the words Sort Ascending and Sort Descending are there but they are greyed out.

I have tried to sort on all the other columns and this is working.

Thanks,

I just realized from you latest post that you are using ACT! 6. That is why the answers you are getting are confusing. You couldn't sort or do a date range query on the create date system filed in ACT! 6. What you want to do requires that you update to the latest version of the ACT! program

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129