Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a record that I made and received a call in ACT 2010

Copper Contributor

Creating a record that I made and received a call in ACT 2010

Hello all,

I am new to act and getting aquainted with it. I'd like to know 3 things:

1) when I make a call to a specific client I'd like to make a record of the call and all it's details. What is the best way to do this? (Is it done by going to "history" of that contact and clicking on the "record history" icon and choosing the result of "call completed"?)

2) when I recieve a call from a specific client I'd like to create a record of it as well, is it done by the same way?

3) Sorry if this question may be obvious or too basic to some of you. It's just that I am getting it confused with "activities". Therefore, is activites used for "upcoming events" (ie. calls, meetings, to do, etc)?

Copper Contributor

Re: Creating a record that I made and received a call in ACT 2010

Can someone please help?

Bronze Contributor

Georgie,  in ACT! 2010 there is a history button along the large rectangular buttons that run across above the detail and list screens.  To use it:

1. Lookup the customer/client/prospect/lead that you called,

2. Click the History button, fill in the History Type & Result - Call Completed, fill in the Regarding with a brief description of what was said and use the Details box to expand upon that (add more narrative), then click ok to Save

For incoming calls, the steps are the same, with the exception that the History Type & Result would be Call Received.

Kevin Chieff

Soft Skills, Inc.

Rumson, NJ USA

ACT! Certified Consultant

Signature
Copper Contributor

Kevin,

Thank you so much for replying. I thought it was that but wanted to be sure. Appreciate it.

Bronze Contributor

You are most welcome - if you can get in the habit of recording those histories, you're really using ACT! as it was designed - to be able to refer back, 6 months later and see what was said - that's a powerful benefit.

Kevin Chieff

Soft Skills, Inc.

Rumson, NJ USA

ACT! Certified Consultant

Signature
Copper Contributor

Kevin, I am a fanatic about recording events/calls/todos. Thanks again as this was one of my most important questions.

I used ACT about 3 years ago. I know a lot of people that are not fond of it but I am truly amazed at ACT 2010. As I am learning more about ACT, I am realizing that people probably don't like it because they don't know what it does or how to use it but seriously ACT can be an invaluable tool to a persons business!

Georgie

Platinum Elite Contributor

The other option... if you've scheduled the call (or other activity), simply clear it from the Contacts Activity Tab, Task List or Calendar.

This also makes a History

Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike.