Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating a new database.

Creating a new database.

I am a  new user to ACT 2010 and the only user signed in to ACT.  I have created two small databases with no problem, but can't create a new database due to the following message. This message pops up right after the "creating" display is finished. The message is "User license count exceeded, there are not enough licenses in this database to allow you to log in, please contact your administrator". I am the only administrator. I hope someone can help me.

Going crazy. Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating a new database.

Hello bjlewis,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The reason for this warning is that each license is valid for one unique, active user. In creating multiple databases, you probably have different user names in each. So, each time you activated a unique user in a database, you used a license. What you can do is either make some of the users in the other databases inactive, or you will need to use the exact same user names in all databases.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.