Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Reports from Task List

Creating Reports from Task List

Hello -- I recently installed ACT 2009, and am trying to generate Contact Notes/History reports based on contacts scheduled in my Task List. I wish to generate weekly reports based on the contact activities I have scheduled, but I can't seem to be able to figure out the criteria to generate such a report. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. JSP
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating Reports from Task List

I'm not sure what your are trying to do. Do you want to use the tack list as a lookup? Are you interested in the future activities? The cleared activities?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello, Roy -

I typically schedule Tasks for my contacts (phone calls, To-Do,etc.) and then work off the Task List (clearing activities as I complete them). My boss would like to see a compilation report of tasks I completed (history and notes) PLUS he'd like to see a report of contacts I have scheduled the upcoming week. 

Does this help?

JSP 

The Notes/History report would give you part of the information and you could add an Activities sub-report for the future activities.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks, Roy. I can see how to do this on an individual contact basis, but I was hoping to generate a complete list/report based on task dates. I thought maybe Create Lookup would work, but I can't seem to get the right info this way either.

Thanks for your help.

JSP 

That can't be done with the ACT! report writer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129