Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Report to sort by Contact History Record Manager Field

Copper Contributor

Creating Report to sort by Contact History Record Manager Field

[ Edited ]

I want to create a report similar to the Notes - Histories.rep.  We really seldom if ever use Notes so really just a listing of History items sorted by whomever recorded the history regardless of who is shown as the Record Manager.

I tried to modify the Notes-Histories.rep using the instructions in the Sage Knowledge Base however it still sorts as it did originally.  I found a comment by Roy L. on another post about report sorting indicating that there are VB scripts in some of the standard reports that override making such sort order changes and you are better off creating your own report from scratch

So I don't waste a lot fo time experimenting:

It looks like there is a Record Manager field at the Contact level and also a Record Manager field at the Contact History level and they can be different.  Correct? 

I am trying to get at the Contact History (CH) Level record because we have a new sales rep doing some work on existing "owned" contacts and want to be able to look at his activity where he makes calls on a contact "owned" by an existing rep. He is doing prospecting for us then turning over leads for experienced reps to develop further. We don't really want to change "Record Manager" fields at the Contact level at this point.

Is it possible to report CH History and show the related Contact information like name and company but sort by the Contact History information...i.e. the CH Record Manager?

Also...except for in the report editing or creation process where do you go to see the what the CH history fields are?

We're on 2009 V 11(11.1.183.0)

Thanks in advance. Tried to do my homework to shorten this process.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating Report to sort by Contact History Record Manager Field

jtbamford wrote:

Is it possible to report CH History and show the related Contact information like name and company but sort by the Contact History information...i.e. the CH Record Manager?

In a word No, not with the ACT! reports. You would need to use a third party report generator.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks, Roy.  What is out there to use?  Any choices?

Platinum Elite Contributor

StoneField Query, Crystal Reports, Access Reports Topline Dash, Durkin Toolkit.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129