Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Conditional Fields

Creating Conditional Fields

I am a very new ACT! user, and currently have the only license at my company.  I am working to lay the groundwork and set everything up in a way that we can hopefully use in the future.

I would like to add new fields to both the customer and company, and have the drop down options be conditional based on the input in other fields.

For example:  when a business unit is selected, the sales rep drop down box only shows those reps that we contract with for that business unit.

I would also like to be able to create tables so that when a rep is selected, other fields will automatically populate with that reps' contact information.

I am COMPLETELY lost on how to accomplish this - any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dale

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Creating Conditional Fields

Hello Dhedrick,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

There isn't a function built into the program that will allow field calculations/auto-population; however, there is an add-on called

'Automatic Field Calculations' that will do it.  Here is a link to the add-ons web site, review the other add-ons as there may be one more appropriate to your needs: Sage ACT! Add-ons - Utilities

Greg Martin
Sage