Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Booking Sheets

Creating Booking Sheets

My company is wondering whether there is some way to create and manage a booking sheet through Act? We hold training programmes and would like to be able to manage the bookings through Act. Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Creating Booking Sheets

I believe what you want can be done with the ACT! program but I would need to know moreto make any suggestion about how to do it.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the response Roy.

Currently we have an Excel sheet that we use to record bookings for our training courses. We would like a way on Act that we could record who is booked on our training sessions so we can easily call up a search that shows us who we have booked on and their contact details.

Please let me know if there is anymore information you need.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm assuming that you create a separate Excel spreadsheet for each training course and add the contact information to the spreadsheet. If so, that means you're doing a lot of duplicating information and don't really have easily accessed information for follow on marketing. There are several ways ACT! coupd be used to improve that situation but the one I think would be best would be to enter trainees as contacts and then for any courst they signup for, create an opportunity for the them. I'd use the course name as the opportunity name and I would have the opportunity customized to meet your speciric needs. Here are some of the advantages I see.

1. Trainee information only needs to be entered once.

2. You would have ongoing information for future marketing

3. By looking up on opportunity name you could create a list of trainees for acourse and export that directly to excell.

4. You could use the opportunity stages to track fro initial interest through applying for the course and payment.

This is mainly a sampling and not really a fully developed application idea but should give you an idea what can be done.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

While roy's method is a wy of achieveing what you are looking to do the other method is to create a group for each training course and then attach the contacts to the particular groups.

You can then do a lookup from the group

On each contact you can also then see which courses the contacct has completed

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.