Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Admin in New Database

Creating Admin in New Database

Hello,

I am trying to get our Sage Act Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0 all set up. It was running the Act 2012 Demo data base so I figured out how to make a new database. Now in the new database, I am trying to set the admin and users but it still shows the default "Chris Huffman" (which was in the demo database as admin) as the main admin for my new database and only gives me limited options to change it (I can not seem to change the name).  I do not want any of the demo contacts/users/admins associated with the new database I have created. I would like info on how to change the admin in my new database please.  It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Valerie

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Creating Admin in New Database

Hello ValerieCPES,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If 'Chris Huffman' and other items of the demo database are in the new database, I would expect that you are either still opening the demo database or created a copy of the demo.

You can verify the name of the database that is open by looking at the upper left corner of the program window. It will be something to the effect of: Sage ACT! - 'databasename'.

If you are still at the beginning stages, I recommend starting with a new database. Click File > New Database. It will prompt for a database name, user name, and password. This will be the time to enter your name.
Greg Martin
Sage