Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Created new Type in Record History- doesn't view in Contact Detail History Tab...

Created new Type in Record History- doesn't view in Contact Detail History Tab...

Within the Record History screen, I created a new Type called "Internal Meeting", and created an entry for this.  (We have internal meetings and conference calls to review accounts, (ie without the client present), and I want to record this in ACT). Now when I view the Contact Detail, History Tab, all I see is Date, Time and Result, ie "Completed."  I went to customize the columns and added type, but it only adds an icon, (and not a very good one)... how can I get it to say "Internal Meeting" under Type in the Contact Detail / History Tab?

I did search the boards, but couldn't locate an answer to this specific question.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Created new Type in Record History- doesn't view in Contact Detail History Tab...

The custom activity type name is not recorded to history. What is recorded as the type in history are the results when you clear the activity. The activity type allows for more than one result as in Call Completed, Left Message, etc. Apparently you did not change the default results of the custom activity type from Completed or Not Completed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129