Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Created ACT! template for mail merge but ACT! can't find it!!!

Created ACT! template for mail merge but ACT! can't find it!!!

I am NOT a computer software expert & probably shouldn't have bought ACT! I tune & repair pianos, 44 years in the biz.

I wanted a simple customer management program to keep track of customers, what I had done to their pianos & when & to send out a notification postcard every 6 months or yearly, depending on their preference, reminding them it was time to tune again.

There are NO postcard templates in ACT!2012 Pro, so I made one but when I began to set up my mail merge, ACT! couldn't find it!

So I copied it in MS Word, it couldn't find that one either!

I have invested the initial cost of Act! 2011, a years worth of paid support which incuded my upgrade to ACT!2012, the cost of a link to link Quickbooks & ACT! together & it's all down the drain because all I have for my trouble is my customer list transferred to ACT!

I already have my customer list in Quickbooks!!!!! I'm not counting the hours I've spent setting it up, trying to get it to do something more than give me a list.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Smiley Happy

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Created ACT! template for mail merge but ACT! can't find it!!!

First you will need to verify which word processing program you have selected; this is done through: Tools > Preferences > Communication tab > check the Word Processor setting.

To verify the steps used to create your template, here is an article with instructions for creating a new template: KB Article 13834

Greg Martin
Sage