Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create an Act activity when you accept a meeting invite in outlook?

Copper Contributor

Create an Act activity when you accept a meeting invite in outlook?

When you run through the email setup wizard in Act, screen 7 says "Create an Act activity when you accept a meeting invite in outlook". I chose "Edit and Create Activity (recommended)".  How does this work?  I use Outlook for my client and when I accept an invite, it doesn't show up in Act.  Suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: Create an Act activity when you accept a meeting invite in outlook?

When accepting an invitation in Outlook, it will prompt you to schedule an activity in ACT!.  In order for this to work, make sure the ACT! address book is added in Outlook and you're able to see the ACT! icons.
Copper Contributor

Thanks David.

I confirmed the Act address book is added. I don't see the act icons in the meeting invite when I open it up.  I do see them on the main outlook inbox screen.  What do I need to do to set them up so this works?

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

This problem seems to be back.  I can create Act contacts from an outlook email.  I've checked and the address book is visible and confirmed via act the integration with outlook is setup. Any ideas?  Thanks.

Copper Super Contributor

Create an Act activity when you accept a meeting invite in outlook - not working

Was this issue ever resolved?  I have been having this issue for a long time.  I recently upgraded to v16, created a new windows profile, a new Outlook profile, a new database and a new ACT user but the problem persisted.  Basically the ACT-Outook integrations is working perfectly in all respects except that when I accept a meeting invitation in Outlook it adds that meeting to the Outlook calendar, not the ACT calendar.  As I mentioned, I have reset everything that I am aware of that could possibly cause this.  Any thoughts?

John Tytus
Prescience, LLC
Cincinnati, OH
www.iprescience.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Create an Act activity when you accept a meeting invite in outlook - not working

Hi jtytus,

From what I can see you habe being dealing with this problem since 2010...

I did also in the past. Year after year this problem remains.

I got tired of follow ACT" due to huge number of topics delaing with same problem.

I have being using ACT! in last 14 years.

I decided 3 years ago to search for an alternative solution.

What is working quite well for me is "Outlook IntegrateR1" developed by "DesignRy Software".

It is not perfect. There are still some minor problems but it is a lot better than standard ACT! features.

I decided to use because it also allow me to register history as plain text I conider usefull when sending data to IPad.

It is an additional investment but you could (at least, I hope) stop dealing with this problem and go back to you main activity.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE