Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create a report with multiple record types (company and company opportunity)

Create a report with multiple record types (company and company opportunity)

Hi there,

In short: I would like to create a report that contains a field from the Companies record type and a field from the Company Opportunities type.

In detail: I would like to create a report which shows all companies in a given lookup, and the status of any opportunity associated with that company. So for instance, I would lookup all companies based in the UK, and then have a report which simply displayed these companies and the status (Open, inactive etc) of any opportunity relating to the company alongside the names.

The problem: I can add the correct fields to the report no problem. But when I actually run the report, only the company name appears - not the opportunity status. Does the problem lie in the fact that I'm trying to pull data from two different sources, i.e. company data and opportunity data? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sam

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create a report with multiple record types (company and company opportunity)

The answer to your question is yes, you would need to use a subreport to access the opportunity information.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Create a report with multiple record types (company and company opportunity)

TP_Licensing, you may find these KB articles helpful:

How to Create and Use Subreports in ACT! - KB# 14195

How to Manage Reports in ACT! - KB# 14022