Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Time Field

Copper Contributor

Create Time Field

Would dearly like some help.

Am testing out ACT v20 on a trial, but I just cannot find a way of making a new record display the time it was created.   Baffled.  

Where is the record creation time field and how can I put it on a record?   I have to have this field, it is essential if I am to deploy ACT as I need to.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create Time Field

The create date field includes the time. I'm not sure if the time can be displayed on the screen but it;s available in a report. MSSQL doesn't have separate date and time fields only the date field which includes both the date and the time.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Alison1

Wanted to let you know about Impact Suite 8 for Act! 20, a popular Act! addon that WOULD allow you to display the

Create Date (plus Edit Date and other dates) in multiple formats, some of which do include the time as well.

You can download a free trial of Impact Suite 8 at www.impactact.com

There are ways to add the Company "Create Date" and other fields to appear this way in your contact layout as well.

Here's a clip of the Impact Enhanced contact list view with Create and Edit dates displaying the full date and time.

Right below that are the format options available for all date fields  The formatting can also be used with Impact Reports (included with the suite) or easily exported to Word/Excel.

Impact List View allows Date display with time.jpgImpact List View allows Date display with time formats.jpg

Paul Marentette
paul@teamuptime.ca

SOLUTIONS FROM TEAM UPTIME
Copper Contributor

Hi Paul

That is extremely helpful.  Thank you very much.

I did look at the Impact Suite in some detail a while back so am not unfamiliar with how to get around it.

I will certainly take another look at it.

I'm aware you can have the time in the column display.   But where I really need the time to display is on the contact screen itself, right next to the date.  I must say though I don't remember anywhere the ability to create fields in Impact to go onto a layout.  I know you can design custom tables, but I'm wondering how I could use Impact Suite to do what I want?   

I don't suppose you could kindly give me hint, could you?!

Thank you again for your very helpful post.

A

Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks Alison - If you're aware of Impact all the more reason to look at it again today.  Performance is up, ease is up, consistency is up!

There is a new feature (since 8.2.0.3) to add fields to display in a layout from other entities.  For example, the ability to display Company record fields in a contact layout (I really love this one as it allows us to see common Company-only fields like sales terms, salesperson, territory, type, etc. to be viewed while you're in a contact associated with that company.)  We can also place Contact and Company records in an Opportunity layout.  That's very cool too.

What's not currently available (yet!) is the ability to use this enhanced layout tool to place additional Contact fields in a Contact layout, but I know Jim Durkin is working on this now.  Our goal is to not only enhance the display of these fields, but perhaps to permit the display of fields in different parts of a layout. Currently we are limited to placing a field only once in a layout. I'll post back here to let you know when that extension is available.  Until then at least you can see the date + time displayed in list views, or the Company create date+time in Contact layout.

If you have any more questions, you are more than welcome to contact me directly.

Paul Marentette
paul@teamuptime.ca

Copper Contributor

There is a new feature (since 8.2.0.3) to add fields to display in a layout from other entities.  For example, the ability to display Company record fields in a contact layout (I really love this one as it allows us to see common Company-only fields like sales terms, salesperson, territory, type, etc. to be viewed while you're in a contact associated with that company.)  We can also place Contact and Company records in an Opportunity layout.  That's very cool too.

Thanks again Paul.

Well, I've been looking over IMPACT for the last couple of hours but can't find any way of doing what you say above.   The only way I can find to design layouts is through the main ACT menu item.  I don't know how to add fields to displays using IMPACT.   I know you can do it on custom tables - but how do you do it on the main contact / company / opportunities screen?

What part of IMPACT can you call up to do that?   I'm very puzzled.   Would be great if you could kindly just get me started by telling me where to go in the program.

Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I suggested, please contact me directly and I'll be able to respond more completely.

We are the global reseller and end user sales resources for Impact so our resources are very strong.

General hours are 7am-7pm eastern, M-F.

Regarding the Layout controls (briefly)

With the latest Impact installed, open Act! and go to Design Layouts

Choose Custom on the right side layouts toolbox

Right click to add all the new custom controls Impact provides.You'll want to choose Company Fields if you want to introduce company fields to your Contact layout.  As mentioned, Impact can add Company Record fields to a Contact layout, but cannot add the custom contact fields with a contact layout. I will advise when it does, but until then you can rely on Impact's enhanced list views to deliver exactly what you're looking for.

Paul Marentette
paul@teamuptime.ca

Copper Contributor

Thanks.

Will do.