Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create New Contact from Company quit working (ACT! 2012)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Create New Contact from Company quit working (ACT! 2012)

Hi, I am going through and cleaning out some old contacts, adding new ones for some of my companies.  No idea why, but the Create New Contact from Company is not working.  I am in the Company Card, have saved changes, go to Create Contact.  When I click on it it gets the highlight/underline, but nothing happens.  I've rebooted the program a couple of times, but no luck.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MartyinPlano
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create New Contact from Company quit working (ACT! 2012)

Hello Marty,
Does the same thing happen in the demo database (ACT2012Demo)?

Try going to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair and run both repair options.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author MartyinPlano
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Marty,
Does the same thing happen in the demo database (ACT2012Demo)?

Try going to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair and run both repair options.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks.  Looks like that took care of it.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

We have seen this problem for more than 2 years.  It happens to one of our power data entry users every time she attempts to create a contact from a company. 

Database Maintenance - Check and Repair is run weekly by this user to no avail.  Is there anything else that can be done to remedy this?  

[ Edited ]

Hello mcmcevoy,
What exactly is happening when the user attempts to create a new contact from a company?

Is there a specific error message?

Does it happen every time or some of the time?

Also, if you go to Help > About ACT!, what is the exact version, including Hot Fix number?

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

When the user attempts to use the 'Create a Contact from a Company' from the menu, nothing happens.  No error, no nothing.

I have seen this error intermittedly with my own user.  My work-around is to hold the mouse down when I make the selection and count to 10 before I release the mouse-click.  Abiout 50% of the time that does the trick for me.  The other 50% of the time, I get the same "nothing" result.  The mouse-click trick never works for our data entry user.

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

OK, it was working, but now doing the Database maintenance does not have any effect.  I'm doing that every night  in hopes that will fix the situation.  Sometimes it works, other times, no go.

Any ideas?