Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create History Dialog Box Missing

Create History Dialog Box Missing

Act 2008
Installed and shared on 2 networked computers.
Win XP Pro

On one computer only, I no longer get the
"create history dialog box" after printing documents. 
I cannot find anywhere to turn this on or off? 
I tried reinstalling ACT, as well as the repair function.

Re: Create History Dialog Box Missing

In addition to the above problem, today I get no "field dialog box" when creating or editing templates.
Clicking on the Add-Ins in brings up the ACT box, but clicking on the "show filed list" does nothing.
Nickel Super Contributor

It sounds like the act addin for word has become damaged - try a detect and repair in word (if its 2007 click the office logo in the top left then click word options -> recources -> diagnose)

Tom

The Word add ins show as "disabled."  I tried to enable, but cannot find the necessary files on the ACT CD.

Nickel Super Contributor

what version of office?

It is office 07.  I finally figured it out...Office has security that will disable all add ins if there is a problem.  In my case, it disabled one first, then the rest of the ACT add ins a couple days later.  The fix was under "Trust Center" / "Add Ins" you have to disable then reenable each add in.  What a pain!  Certainly no documentation that explains it very well in either Word or ACT help files.  Next time I will know.
Thanks for your help!
ami

Ah - I get it now too....I need to go to my Word software where I can make the adjustment to Add-Ins.  Thank you so much!