Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Contact from Company Question

Copper Super Contributor

Create Contact from Company Question

Sage ACT! Pro 2011, 13.1, HF4

One user having problems linking contact to company during create contact from company process. Because of the way they do things, we have a Plan Contact field in the Company table.  After they fill out all the necessary company info, they create a contact from the company.  Other users have no problem with contact creation and contact to company linking.  One user, the linking function does not work. 

After we did the updates, I logged onto his computer and went through the process several times, using each of the different Create Contact from Company options (NavBar, Menu, and toolbar icon).  They all worked for me (with a witness).  The client called back later that day saying it still wasn't working.  Logged onto his machine and sure 'nuf, it didn't work.  I deleted preferences and reset his toolbar.  I rebooted.  They use Topline Designer and I made sure that was updated and that all versions, builds, etc. were the same across all users.  His just won't work.

Any suggestions short of reinstalling ACT!?

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Create Contact from Company Question

It sounds like the issue is User specific, but to verify: sign on as that ACT! user on a different machine and test > sign onto the suspect machine with a different ACT! user and test.  If it follows the user, create a new username and test.  If the new username is successful, you can assign all of the items from the original username to the new username.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Revisit to this issue - haven't tried the new user idea yet.  Customer was upgrading to a new computer so waited.  He emailed yesterday that the problem still exists.  Will try the new user idea and post.

Appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Copper Contributor

We have had a similar problem with some of our users here. I have deduced it to be caused by Company not being saved before creating the new contact. This could be fixed by ACT by including code to save company record before creating the new contact when CREATE CONTACT FROM COMPANY is clicked.