Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Birthday Report to show Month and day only

Create Birthday Report to show Month and day only

I'm trying to create a Birthday Report that shows the Month and Day only. This will be a flyer that we email to our office, and I don't think individuals would like their birth year to show.

I tried changing the properties on the field; however, there were no formating options that didn't include the year.

Any suggestions?

I'm using Act 2009.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Create Birthday Report to show Month and day only

It can be done using custom VB script programming in the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not familiar with using custom VB script programming. Where's the best place to learn more about this and how it would be useful in this scenario?

Thanks again,

Amber

Nickel Elite Contributor

Amber -

Are you, or is anyone in the office technically inclined?  If so, ACT! has an easy way to pull data using Excel.  You could create an Excel file that upon opening would pull b-days, and, being Excel, can format those dates pretty much anyway you'd like.  I've got a short intro blog on it if interested.  Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Bronze Super Contributor

Sven,

We have developed an add-on for ACT! that has the ability to select any date field from the contact table and auto-convert that data into an event displayed on the task list. These events are based on date fields from the contacts table such as: Birthdays, Last Meeting, or Edit Date'

Once displayed in the task list view you can easily click on the [Print] button or export the list to excel.

The add-on is called Task List Plus for ACT! and you can read more here: http://durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsTaskListPlus.aspx

We have a free 30 day trial that you can download from a link on that page.

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin