Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Crashes While Working with History

Crashes While Working with History

ACT 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 crashes while working with History. There are 2 times this happens: when writing multiple histories after sending approximately 30 Swiftpage emails and when manually deleting individual history items from contact records. When it crashes the computer makes a bonking sound but there is no error message on the screen. After the crash, some functionality is removed such as Lookups and items in the history tab are removed. The only solution is to shutdown ACT and reopen the program. I checked Event Viewer and there were no warnings. Otherwise ACT runs fine.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Crashes While Working with History

Does this happen with others users of the database (if you are in a shared database environment)? You may want to try running maintenance on the database.  Please refer to the follwoing Knowledgebase article for the process:

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures Using ACTDIAG

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Crashes While Working with History

There is only 1 user as it is installed on a standalone Dell laptop. Using ACTDIAG, all maintenance was performed per the Sage knowledgebase article including reindex, integrity check, diagnositcs and repair, rebuilt schema, rebuilt security, rebuilt OLE/DB, rebuilt sync objects, removed accounting framework links. None of this worked, so I created an empty copy of the database and imported the old database into it. This did not work, so I created a new database and imported the old database into it. This did not work. Do you have any other suggestions?