Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Coupla simple newbie questions

Highlighted

Coupla simple newbie questions

Just getting started with ACT (2010 12.0.409.0) and can't seem to find an answer on how to do the simple stuff.  LONG time Sharkware user so am used to simple.

When I call someone, I can set up the call...when I leave a message, I denote left message from the drop down menu which then clears the activity.  Where do I find a list of those I've left messages for so that I can turn around and try them again after X number of days with no answer?  In Sharkware, there was a call list.  One could take a look at any day or week on the calendar and see the calls they made - completed and left message.  If i'm making 100 calls per day and leaving 50 messages for those who don't answer, do I have to just make a note when I leave the message to call again in X days then delete that activity if the person calls back in the meantime?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Coupla simple newbie questions

That's a plus for Sharkware, looks to be a useful facility.

I sympathise with your predicament, it is an annoying problem with ACT!'s activity workflow process. There is no quick method of closing that activity and rescheduling to 'make another call in x days if the customer hasn't called back'.

It as if the Call type activity needs to have it's own process to cater for this.  I suggest you make a suggestion in this forum that Sage provide for this.

An option might be to work from Task List view to review your left message calls, perhaps as follows;

Don't close the activity, make the call and if you have to leave a message, reschedule the call for a future time regardless. The problem with that of course is that you have no history of leaving a message, unless you made a note in the details area each time you left a message. A bit cumbersome. However if you do record in details,you could readily filter in Task List view to see which open, 'Call' type activities, for you as user, have something in the Details field. You could also filter by date range.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Contributor

I might be missing something, but my immediate reaction is to use the built in features:

Use the built-in "follow-up" feature on a scheduled call.   Beflore closing it out, click on "follow-up" and a new dialogue window pops up.  It will repeat the "regarding" that was in the original scheduled activity.  If you wish, you can add something like "LVM" at the beginning of the regarding field.  Once that is a habit, you can then click on the task list button and display all the open activity types for today or any time period.  You can then click on the regarding heading to sort.  then go to the part of the list that starts with LVM. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Bronze Elite Contributor

Sure. That works.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog