Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Country Codes for phone numbers

Country Codes for phone numbers

A weird problem. Sometimes users enter phone.fax.mobile numbers without consideration of the country. Now, I correct the country code, save the record, and as soon as I navigate away from the record, the system resets the country code to the old, wrong, country, which is a nuisance when you export the list to your PDA.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Country Codes for phone numbers

How are you attempting to change the country code? Are you clicking on the box with the three dots next to the phone field and changing the country? Also, what version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thaanks for replying. Now, I delete the original phone number, click on the three dots, change the country and then paste the phone number into the open dialog box, click ok. While I'm in the specific contact, it stays on the corrected country, once I navigate away, it resets to the originally wrong country. The country entered in the address is correct. ACT 10 with all updates and patches.

Thanks

What happens when you hit the save button on the menu bar at the top? Are you using that now or simply navigating off the contact record?

Thanks for reply. Initially I just navigated away, after I became aware of the issue, I actually hit save on top, but no difference in outcome.

Even with hitting save, the country resets.

Regards

John

Nickel Elite Contributor

Here is a link - video how to    ACT! Set or Change Phone Field Formats 

Be sure to Set your Default also for each phone field. The video shows you where, just now how. All you do though is place check in box.

You will see how after viewing video. Regards, FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Platinum Elite Contributor

This was a bug I identified for Sage (I think fixed in ACT! 2009)... the only way is to blank the fields, save the record, then re-enter the fields with the correct country code and save again.

BTW: which PDA are you sending to?