Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Country Code Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Country Code Issue

We have an international user who utilizes the automatic country code feature within the contacts window quite often. Upon entering the country (example Germany) it tells you the country code but it does not automatically apply this country code to the phone number when being typed in the phone number field. Any idea what may be causing this country code to not apply to the phone number? Even after saving the contact it doesn't list the country code in the list view for the contacts.

We are currrently running Act 2010. Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Medcomp19438
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Country Code Issue

Have you tried Tools | Preferences | General Tab | Tick "Always display country code in phone fields" ?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

To see the Country Code, you need to click the button to the right of the phone field. It doesn't display in the field, itself

My user informs me that this has not been the case in the past. I just recently had to reformat his laptop and reinstall Act which is when he started mentioning he was having an issue.

As you can see in the attachment Act1 I've added the German phone number and it does say the country code is supposed to be 49 however, as you can see in the attachment Act2 that country code is not viewable in the list detail and apparently at one point in time it showed the entire phone number including the country code in front.

Act Screenshots 1 and 2 can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/4VGmz

Thanks

Solution
Accepted by topic author Medcomp19438
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Have you tried Tools | Preferences | General Tab | Tick "Always display country code in phone fields" ?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The tools preferences suggestion worked like a charm. Thank you both for responding and helping me. Greatly appreciated.