01-19-2012 01:49 AM
First of all the details of ACT!:
Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 220.127.116.11, Hot Fix 6
English (United Kingdom)
3 Win 7 machines with one as main machines and 2 laptops running a remote database from the main machine.
All machines have been checked in control panel for UK settings both in the Regional settings and the Phone/Modem settings.
Database was originally an ACT! 6 database and around 2 years ago we upgraded to ACT! 10 and more recently ACT! 11
Demo database doesn't show the same problem as below and the issue is with all 3 machines:
The issue: Country code is always at (1).
1) My record has the country set to United Kingdom (I have checked the spelling) and the Phone, Mobile and Fax fields set to United Kingdom (44), Free Form in the phone format options.
2) I have tried the KB showing how to copy out the phone field to a user field, set the phone field, for all records, to United Kingdom (44), free form with a blank phone number and then copy back the phone numbers from the User field.
3) I have even tried to set the United States country code to 44 in the phone.fmt files. Interestingly I found 2 phone.fmt files one here, C:\Program Files\ ACT and also here C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows but I changed both with no changes to the issue.
Things I have noticed:
The issue is not there when I add new contacts, this all functions normally with a 44 country code.
If I edit each record manually by taking out the phone number, changing the country code in the phone format option and then replacing the phone number then this eradicates the problem. This is not a good result though as we have over 6000 contacts on our database which would need to be changed independently.
We had quite a few records that were created recently and they had the 44 country code but now that I have done the work in point 2 above then all records now have a 1 as their country code.
If I export the Contact database to an excel file all records phone numbers begin +1
Reason why we need this issue fixed:
Our remote users use software on their smartphones to sync with their ACT! databases. This software always syncs the country code which means dialing a contact from that software firstly means they have to edit the phone number.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am now at hair pulling stage!
01-19-2012 04:34 AM
01-19-2012 04:35 AM
01-19-2012 04:46 AM
We were initially using Companion Link to sync to Blackberry's but only to the the native contacts app on the BB. We have now trialed Handheld Contact using their native app (version 2 (currently there is a bug in version 3 when the BB uses BES)) for Blackberry.
In both software it syncs the country code as (1).
01-19-2012 05:52 AM
01-19-2012 06:00 AM
Yes all recent contacts are fine. I can add one now and it will be fine with the correct country code. It does only apply to older contacts but if I do the copy out, replace with correct phone format and then copy back in (point 2 above) then all contacts, then even the newly added contacts and my record then goes to a country code of 1, even though the country is set to United Kingdom and the phone format is United Kingdom (44).
01-19-2012 06:32 AM
01-19-2012 06:54 AM
I haven't tried all the permutations and combinations of adding and removing phone numbers, but can verify that the Country Code seems to get lost when synchronizing between Act! and Outlook. That seems to be consistent with Dan's note about the export not containing the correct Country Code.
01-19-2012 07:19 AM
I have just done another test.
If I change the country code in the phone format window to United Kingdom (44) then this will remain good without the need to delete out the number first and then re-enter it. Obviously this is on an individual record, I am not aware how I can do this for all records without having to delete the phone numbers first.
Also in my earlier post you will have noticed that I said I had changed the United States country code to 44 in the phone.fmt files, this has made no effect in ACT! at all, the United States country code still shows as 1.
We don't have contacts syncing with Outlook, we manually sync the calendar, because we were using Companion Link into the native Blackberry app then over BES the contacts got added to Outlook contacts.