Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Count on Companies lookup

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Count on Companies lookup

Hi,

I'm just working out the best way to set up a new database on Act 2011 for my business, and I'm looking at using Companies as my main view rather than contacts as there are often multiple contacts per company.

In the Contact List you have a 'Count' along the top that shows you which contact you have selected out of the total number of contacts in the lookup ('17 of 114', for example).

I think it's useful to see at a glance how many contacts are included in the lookup, but can't see a way to get something similar in the Company view - if I go to Tools & Customize the menus & toolbars I can drag the 'count' option onto the Company list toolbar but it actually just shows the contact information rather than company information so is confusing rather than helpful.

Is there any way that I can get an accurate count on-screen of the number of companies included when I'm in the Company list & perform a lookup?

Hope that all makes sense, I've used the forum lots to find information but have never posted anything before!

Sue

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sue Bowman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Count on Companies lookup

Good morning Sue.

I know you are looking for a number to be displayed on the screen, but I don't believe that is possible.  I have two suggestions:

1.  First post a recommendation to the "New Ideas" forum:  http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas/tab/popular

2.  From the list view, you can export to Excel and there you can see the count.  Not an ideal solution, but a quick way to get a count.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sue Bowman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Good morning Sue.

I know you are looking for a number to be displayed on the screen, but I don't believe that is possible.  I have two suggestions:

1.  First post a recommendation to the "New Ideas" forum:  http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas/tab/popular

2.  From the list view, you can export to Excel and there you can see the count.  Not an ideal solution, but a quick way to get a count.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Hi John,

Thanks for your quick reply - it's a little disappointing to know that it can't be done, but at least I know that I'm not just missing something!

I'll do as you suggest and post it as a New idea & work with Excel for now.

Thanks again,

Sue