Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could not open macro storage

Copper Contributor

Could not open macro storage

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My client had Sage ACT 2011 with Office 2010. When she clicks on "Write Letter" she receives this error " Could not open macro storage". I was not able to find a solution in ACT KB.

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Could not open macro storage

What happens when she opens Word outside of the ACT! program? I believe the macro storage being referred to is the Word macro storage.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

The client is able to  open Microsoft Word outside of ACT without error. Thanks for looking into this.

Platinum Super Contributor

Other steps to identify:

- Is the Letter template heavily customized?

- Try opening other templates through Write menu?

- Replace 'Letter' template with copy from the Demo database?

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello, I was wondering if this problem has been resolved? I have the same issue with both "write a letter" and "create quote". User is able to open Word and Excel without issue by themselves. Thank you.

Copper Elite Contributor

For us the issue was caused by a MS Security that occured when someone unzipped fresh copies of the files into the \Templates folder. If you unzip files from a .ZIP file, before unzipping, click the Unblock button on the .ZIP.

To fix the individual template files, go the the \Templates folder in Explorer. Right-click each template file and select Properties. At the bottom of the dialog, if you see the Security warning, click the Unblock button. Files have to be done individually. If you don’t see the option, then that specific file doesn’t need it.

Hope that helps.

Susan Clark
ACT! Certified Consultant
Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.
Copper Contributor

I just ran into this issue myself.  i tried the fix Susan Clark mentioned but that was not the issue here.  A new template worked just fine and ACT!Demo templates worked as well, so it appeared to be a problem with the template files themselves.  I still don't know the cause but replacing the memo, letter, and Fax Cover templates with those from a generic database fixed the issue.  Not a good solution if the user has lots of customized templates, but it worked!

Scott Holmes

Copper Contributor

Did anyone ever get a final resolution to this issue.  I have a client that we used their Word doc for the template and I added about 75 merge fields.  The document works fine on the server, but I get the error when I try to merge it on the remotes.  All the machines are running MS Word 2010 and Act Premium 2013.

thanks,

Lanny Brown