Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

I unpacked and restored a remote database and now I am getting this message. When I try to "OPEN" the new database (unpacked and restored) it asks me for a username and password (never set one up.) What could the username and password be?

ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162
English (United States)
Sage Software SB, Inc.

Windows Vista

Re: Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

Hi,

The username in most cases would mostly be your name. Try giving your first name (space) last name. And also if there is no password in your main database, just leave the same blank in your remote db.

A much simpler waySmiley Happy : Just open your main db, click on Tools -> manage users -> XXXXX (That will you give you the exact username that ought to be used in remote db as well).

Re: Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

I'm a relatively sane user of ACT! in that i've been using it for 3-4 years from a User and Sales perspective.

I've literally just sorted this problem out on my own computer.

It took the original  user name i setup the database with, not the current one.  Very odd.

So the user dcumming no longer exists, but it was the one i had to use to unpack and restore the database.

This might help you - I'm not going to copy this to the other threads i found on the matter.

You're not going mad...!

Smiley Happy

David