Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

Good afternoon,

I have recently started at a small company.  all the users use act!2000, but one user also uses 2007.  at the begining of the week we had a power outtage for a few hours and now the user who access 2007 can not log into the database, and gets the following error:

Could not authenticate user.  Verify the user name and password, and try again.

he has told me that the week before the power outtage, everything was fine, but now it is not.  he also reported he used to have his username and password set to automatically log him in, but that is no longer working.

is there any easy way to get this resolved.  when i look at the trial software for Advanced act password recovery version 2.36, 

it shows the usernames and neither are his, but the trial version wont allow me to reset the password.

any suggestions?

thank you

Jerry

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jerry.peoples
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

Call into support, they can reset the user's password.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jerry.peoples
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again.

Call into support, they can reset the user's password.

I'm a relatively sane user of ACT! in that i've been using it for 3-4 years from a User and Sales perspective.

I've literally just sorted this problem out on my own computer.

It took the original  user name i setup the database with, not the current one.  Very odd.

So the user dcumming no longer exists, but it was the one i had to use to unpack and restore the database.

This might help you - I'm not going to copy this to the other threads i found on the matter.

You're not going mad...!

Smiley Happy

David