Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could Not Authenticate User. Verify The User Name and Password, and Try Again

Could Not Authenticate User. Verify The User Name and Password, and Try Again

I backed up my files, reboot my laptop to beginning state, then recovered my files and re-installed Act Pro 2012. I am not able to get access to my database and my username and password are correct.

I tried Answer ID 14057 several times, and have searched and read all post on this site. Nothing is working. I am the only user of this software and I need help.

Someone please let me know what is going on.

Thank you in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Could Not Authenticate User. Verify The User Name and Password, and Try Again

Hello anhoskin,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For the username, try variations of your first and last name. Examples
John Smith
John
John M. Smith
jsmith

The username would have been created when you first created your database, and it is not case sensitive.

Passwords are optional, so you may not have one - just leave the password blank when attempting to log in.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Could Not Authenticate User. Verify The User Name and Password, and Try Again

I'm a relatively sane user of ACT! in that i've been using it for 3-4 years from a User and Sales perspective.

I've literally just sorted this problem out on my own computer.

It took the original user name i setup the database with, not the current one.  Very odd.

So the user dcumming no longer exists, but it was the one i had to use to unpack and restore the database.

This might help you - I'm not going to copy this to the other threads i found on the matter.

You're not going mad...!

Smiley Happy

David