Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Corrupted remote database?

Copper Contributor

Corrupted remote database?

Error: "Failed to synchronize with the server. Exchange of watermarks failed. The database cannot sync because the data is unavailable.

Act version 11.1.183.0 hotfix 1. Main database on a Win2003 server, 6 users in house (shared connection to database) running XP pro, 2 users with remote databases running XP pro. One remote user got this error message the other remote user is syncing just fine.

Downloaded the fix from the knowledgebase BUT the remote user (with the synch error) has entered notes, changes, etc. to the remote database after the last good synch and now cannot synch due to this error. If I recreate the remote database from the main database I will lose all of the editing he has done since his last good synch. Anyway to save that data and update the new remote database?

Thanks for your help.

Silver Contributor

Re: Corrupted remote database?

Just on a hunch, check that the remote user didn't update his database to another version. Check help and About on the remote and on the master.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Good idea, but unfortunately same version.

I would do a lookup of all contacts that have been edited since the last good synch and either copy those contacts to a newly created RDB or create an empty copy of the main database and copy the records into the newly created DB. The copying of contacts with notes and history takes very long so if it's only 10-20 records you can copy directly from the RDB to the main DB, if it's hundreds i would go for an empty copy and afterwards (on the server!) copy the records to the main db.

Copper Contributor

Followed the steps to create a new remote database. Unpacked it and the new remote database (with a different name) appeared and looked fine. Tried to sync and got the same (original) error message, now what?